Betsy Moog Brooks, EdD
Lecturer in Audiology and Communication Sciences
- Executive Director, Moog Center for Deaf Education
- BA (Sociology): St. Lawrence University (1981)
- MSSH (Deaf Education): Washington University (1983)
- EdD (Instructional Leadership/Andragogy): Lindenwood University (2017)
- Listening and Spoken Language Specialist, Certified Auditory-Verbal Educator (LSLS Cert. AVEd)
- Council on Education of the Deaf (CED)
- Missouri State Teacher Certification (Life) Deaf and Hearing Impaired (K-12)
- Missouri State Teacher Certification (Life) Behavior Disordered (K-12)
- Missouri State Teacher Certification (Life) Learning Disabled (K-12)
- Missouri State Teacher Certification (CPC) Early Childhood Education (B-3)
- Missouri Early Intervention Credentialed Provider
- Illinois Early Intervention Credentialed Provider
Behl, D.D., Blaiser, K., Cook, G., Barrett, T., Callow-Heusser, C., Brooks, B.M., Dawson, P., Quigley, S., & White, K. (2017) Infants & Young Children, 30 (2), 147-161.
Brooks, B.M. and Gustus, C.H. (2016) Hands-on apps and the iPad for children with hearing loss. Volta Voices, 23(1).
Brooks, B.M., (2015). Chapter 21 Components of the Moog Center early intervention program. In L. Schmeltz (Ed.) The NCHAM eBook: A resource guide for Early Hearing Detection & Intervention, pp. 21-1 to 21-15. Retrieved from http://www.infanthearing.org/ehdi-ebook/2015_ebook/21-Chapter21ComponentsMoogCenter2015.pdf.
Brooks, B.M., (2002, revised 2005, 2012). My baby and me: A book about teaching your child to talk, St Louis, MO: The Moog Center for Deaf Education.
Brooks, B.M., (2008) Deaf children can talk: Focused early intervention and cochlear implants make the difference. Educational Audiology Review.
Kozak, V. J., & Brooks, B. M. (2001). Baby talk: Helping your hearing-impaired baby listen and talk. St. Louis, MO: Central Institute for the Deaf.
Ritter, K., Madell, J.R., Rubensohn, P. & Brooks, B.M., (2012) Question #100. In W. Estabrooks (Ed.), 101 FAQs About Auditory-Verbal Practice (pp. 485-490). Washington, DC: AG Bell.
Wray, D. & Brooks, B.M., (2012) Question #84. In W. Estabrooks (Ed.), 101 FAQs About Auditory-Verbal Practice (pp. 392-396). Washington, DC: AG Bell.
PACS 457: Counseling Parents of Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
PACS 555: Early Intervention: Serving Children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, B-5