Students visit the historic anechoic chamber located at the original CID research building

The 1st-year MSDE class had their turn visiting the historic anechoic chamber located in the original Central Institute for the Deaf Clinic & Research Building, built in 1951. The building is now owned by the St. Louis College of Health Careers.

An anechoic chamber (an-echoic meaning non-echoing or echo-free) is a room designed to completely absorb reflections of either sound or electromagnetic waves. They are also insulated from exterior sources of noise.