Applications open September 1 of each year. All application materials must be received by the following dates:
- PhD program – January 15
- AuD program — February 15
- MSDE program – December 15 (early decision), February 15 (priority decision), or June 1 for rolling admissions (fall entry, as available)
The following items are required and must be received by the stated application deadline.
- Completed application, including personal statement
- Application fee (non-refundable) of $25
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all college/university coursework, uploaded to the online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official scores from the GRE, submitted to Institution Code 6929 (Washington University), Department Code 0602 (Audiology)
- A campus visit or phone interview is strongly encouraged prior to the application deadline and can be arranged by contacting the PACS Office at email@example.com.
Additional requirements for international students:
- An official evaluation of transcripts from a credentialing agency must be submitted for all international applicants — see FAQ page for more information
- Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all international applicants whose native language is not English
Any application materials sent by mail should be sent to the address below:
Washington University School of Medicine
Program in Audiology and Communication Sciences
CB 8042, 660 S. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Fax: (314) 747-0105
Graduate students have the opportunity to learn from a diverse faculty who are dedicated to sharing their expertise. The learning atmosphere is open and encouraging. Students are challenged to think, their opinions are valued, and creative thinking and problem solving are highly encouraged.
— Lynda Berkowitz, MSSH
Instructor in Audiology and Communication Sciences and Co-Principal, Central Institute for the Deaf