We’re looking for passionate, talented students to join our learning community. Individuals from all backgrounds — including those who are deaf or hard of hearing — are encouraged to apply.
Applications for all programs open on September 1 of each year.
All application materials must be received by the following dates:
- PhD program — January 15
- AuD program — February 1
- MSDE program — December 15 (early decision), February 1 (priority decision), or June 1 for rolling admissions (fall entry, as available)
The following items are required and all must be received by the stated application deadline:
- Completed application, including personal statement
- Application fee (non-refundable) of $25*
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all college/university coursework.
- Three letters of recommendation
- We do not require a formal interview for applicants, but strongly recommend meeting with a faculty member, either via Zoom or in person, prior to the application deadline. Please visit the Tours and Interviews page for more information.
- International applicants, please see additional requirements below.
*Application fee waivers are available for all applicants to the MSDE program upon request.
Note: Starting Fall 2023, GRE scores are not required. If you’ve taken the exam and would like to submit your scores, you may do so and they will be added to your application. However, scores will not be reviewed as part of the admissions process.
Additional requirements for international students:
- An official evaluation of transcripts from a credentialing agency must be submitted for all international applicants. Please see the FAQ page for more information.
- If English is not your native language, you will need to take one of the following exams within one year of applying and submit official scores*.
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 100
- IELTS: Minimum score of 7
*Official TOEFL scores should be submitted to Washington University in St. Louis (School Code 6929). Official IELTS scores should be submitted to Washington University in St. Louis, Graduate Admissions, 1 Brookings Dr., St. Louis, MO 63130, United States. Please visit https://students.wustl.edu/english-proficiency-certification/ for more information.
Submitting other materials:
Any other application materials sent by mail should be sent to the address below:
Washington University School of Medicine
Program in Audiology and Communication Sciences
660 S. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Via email: email@example.com